PROSTEP – Digitalization is our mission
PROSTEP is the leading specialist for the digital transformation of your business processes. We use the original 3D PDF technology from Adobe Systems for the paperless or drawing-free provision of all kinds of information. Merge 3D models from any CAD system, 2D documents of any kind and metadata from your PLM and ERP systems in intelligent 3D PDF documents that can be viewed with Adobe Reader and which can even be used for long-term archiving.
- You benefit from best practices and our extensive process know-how, which have been incorporated in our 3D PDF-based solutions in the form of templates.
- We automate your business processes, from preparing bids to creating spare parts catalogs, using a uniform, tried-and-tested technology.
- We combine your models, drawings, BOMs and other 2D documents in 3D PDF containers – and in a format suitable for long-term archiving.
- You can view the 3D PDF documents with Adobe Reader, which means that there is no need to install any other viewers at your company or your partners' companies.
- We protect the content of the 3D PDF documents that you send to your suppliers or customers – even after they have been sent – using secure digital rights management.
- We create intelligent 3D PDF forms for you so that you can automatically insert data from your backend systems or automatically read out data that has already been entered.
- You can animate 3D models after embedding them in 3D PDF documents – to better illustrate assembly or service workflows for example.
- We help you coordinate with partners and suppliers by making it possible to annotate 3D PDF documents and integrate original data.
- We convert 3D data from all leading CAD systems including the product structures and appended PMI (product and manufacturing information).
No installation effort required
View your 3D data with Adobe Reader
Convert any CAD format into 3D PDF documents
Use digital rights management to control access to the data you send
Use intelligent forms to extract or import data
Store your documents in 3D PDF containers suitable for long-term archiving
Use our products to make more of your digital data
Based on the original technology from Adobe, PROSTEP develops 3D PDF solutions for the digitalization and automation of various business processes from requests for quotes to drawing-free manufacturing and 3D assembly planning to spare parts management. Our 3D PDF specialists are not only familiar with the strengths of 3D PDF technology but also know how to best integrate this technology in your existing IT and process landscape. We automate your business processes and help you get greater value from your digital data.
PDF Generator 3D
- PDF Generator 3D is PROSTEP's comprehensive server solution for the automatic generation of 3D PDF documents using intelligent forms to integrate data from backend systems and transfer data to these systems.
- When creating 3D PDF documents, the Reader Extension module automatically activates additional functions for copying, annotating and measuring embedded 3D models in Adobe Reader.
- Adobe Reader is the viewer used to display all the content. The 3D PDF Reader for iOS App even allows 3D PDF documents to be viewed and edited on mobile devices like iPhones and iPads.
- PDF Generator 3D also makes it possible to merge different contents in PDF containers and protect them with a password. The Rights Management module allows a sophisticated rights concept to be implemented and, for example, the period of use to be limited.
- The software supports the integration of semantic PMI (product and manufacturing information) for further use and includes functions for comparing the geometry of 3D models from the same and from different CAD systems.
- PDF Generator 3D uses key components of Adobe AEM Forms to define business processes and call web services, databases and LDAP directories, which allows its seamless integration in AEM Forms implementations.
- PLM connectors can be used to integrate PDF Generator 3D in an ERP and PLM landscape and connect it to the data exchange solution OpenDXM GlobalX in order to automate complex document workflows.
- Tetra4D Automate is an easy-to-implement server solution for automatically generating interactive 3D PDF documents enriched with PMI (product and manufacturing information) and other information.
- In combination with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Tetra4D Automate makes it possible to create templates for product visualization, design data release, change notifications, spare parts catalogs, etc., which are automatically filled with the appropriate data.
- The software is very easy to use, adapt and integrate. For more complex requirements in terms of automation and process integration, however, we recommend using PROSTEP's PDF Generator 3D.
- Tetra4D Converter is the world's leading client solution for converting native 3D CAD data and embedding it in interactive 3D PDF documents that can be viewed with Adobe Reader.
- 3D data from the latest versions of Autodesk Inventor, CATIA, PTC Creo, Siemens NX, SolidWorks and other leading CAD systems is converted directly into the tessellated U3D format or the precise PRC format.
- Tetra4D Converter also converts BREP geometry embedded in PRC format back into neutral file formats such as STEP, IGES, STL, Parasolid or ACIS for use in downstream CAx systems.
- Tetra4D Enrich is a powerful client application that enables interactive 3D PDF documents to be created easily and requires no programming expertise on the part of the user.
- Like an app, the 3D PDF documents generated with Tetra4D Enrich provide all the data required by all types of complex workflows for digitalizing business processes.
- As with all other 3D PDF documents, the 3D PDFs that are interactively enriched with additional information can also be viewed with Adobe Reader.
3D PDF Pro
- 3D PDF Pro is PROSTEP's powerful client solution for animating the 3D models embedded in 3D PDF documents.
- The software offers options for creating step-by-step instructions and integrating requirements, which means that the 3D animations can be used in a wide variety of application scenarios.
- The animated 3D models can be updated very easily if changes are made to the original data. All that is required to view the 3D animations is an up-to-date version of Adobe Reader.
Terms and conditions for 3D PDF Pro
Documentation for 3D PDF Pro
3D Assembly Planning
Many machine and plant engineers still plan and document the assembly of their systems using the object in question – a time-consuming process. If they started assembly planning during the digital stage, they would be able to deliver their systems faster.
The 3D PDF solution from PROSTEP allows them to plan the assembly steps at an earlier stage, based on the CAD models and using a large library of typical assembly operations, and to calculate assembly costs reliably. They can also animate embedded 3D models to illustrate specific assembly steps.
Modeling / Management
Architectural firms and construction companies still primarily rely on drawing-based communication. A digital building model containing all the relevant building data would not only make planning and execution much easier but also the subsequent management of buildings.
The 3D PDF solution from PROSTEP makes it possible for the companies and disciplines involved in the construction process to embed their building information in a 3D PDF container in a format that can be read by all those involved in the project and link them together so that the impact of any changes can be monitored more effectively.
Spare Parts Catalogs
Finding the right spare or wear parts in a maintenance manual is time-consuming and prone to errors. Digital spare parts provisioning makes maintenance technicians' work easier and provides companies with an incentive for ordering spare parts directly from the manufacturer of their machines or systems.
The 3D PDF solution from PROSTEP makes it possible for manufacturers to automatically create electronic spare parts catalogs that contain all the information relevant to service regardless of the system in which this information is stored. The solution also allows their customers to place their orders for parts from directly within the catalog.
Although most companies today model their products in 3D, paper drawings are often still the primary documents for manufacturing, quality assurance and assembly. The end-to-end use of digital product models would reduce the time and effort required to create drawings and cut lead times.
The 3D PDF solution from PROSTEP makes it possible for companies to communicate model-based manufacturing information and information relevant to quality and to view this information with Adobe Reader. If necessary, native CAD or STEP data can also be added to the 3D PDF containers.
Request for Quote
When dealing with requests for quotes, the staff in purchasing has to gather information from a variety of different source systems and record incoming quotes in order to evaluate them. A time-consuming process that could be speeded up considerably if requests for quotes (RfQ) were created automatically.
The 3D PDF solution from PROSTEP simplifies the quoting process by merging all the information required to handle requests for quotes in a 3D PDF document at the click of a button. Suppliers can enter quoted prices and other information in interactive form fields that are automatically evaluated after the form is returned.
Every company organizes its release and change processes somewhat differently, making it difficult to coordinate cross-enterprise development projects. More efficient communication of any information that is relevant to changes would significantly simplify and accelerate these processes.
The 3D PDF solution from PROSTEP supports cross-enterprise coordination by making it possible to define intelligent PDF templates for change requests/notification of changes that are automatically filled with all the information relevant to changes. The recipients can automatically import this information into their backend systems.
Companies not only create CAD models, 2D drawings and circuit diagrams but also a large number of technical documents in a variety of different formats. If it were possible to visualize them using a single tool, there would be no need to buy and maintain numerous converters and viewers.
The 3D PDF technology from PROSTEP makes it possible to establish a uniform standard for viewing data from different applications. It also makes it easier to pass this data on to partners in the supply chain, who do not require any other viewer apart from the free Adobe Reader.
Many companies offer customers the opportunity to configure the product of their dreams online, i.e. by selecting certain options, colors or materials. If they provided the customer-specific offers in digital form, customers could use them offline or share them with other people without having to print them out.
The 3D PDF solution from PROSTEP makes it possible to merge all sales-related documents in an interactive 3D PDF document that customers can view with Adobe Reader. Interactive form fields and embedded business logic even allows them to trigger the order process directly from within the document.
Your Use Case
There are doubtless still numerous business processes in place at your company that are characterized by manual intervention and media discontinuities when transferring information. Would you like to make these processes more homogeneous by communicating the information in digital form? Then please contact us.
We will develop a solution for digitalizing and automating your business processes that is tailored to meet your specific needs, based on 3D PDF technology and our process know-how. PROSTEP – the experts of choice for intelligent, 3D PDF-based processes.
3D PDF documents offer a virtually endless list of possible uses to companies in any industry.
You will find several examples here. See for yourself.
Important: Download the file and open it in Adobe®Reader®
To ensure that all the contents of a PDF document – including 3D – are displayed correctly, the document must be opened in Adobe Reader (Version X or higher). The browser's (frequently default) preview function cannot display the 3D content of the PDF document.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader - free of charge.
Use Cases Server Solution
Use Cases Client Solution
Together we are stronger. As a customer of PROSTEP AG, you benefit not only from our extensive network of technology, sales and service partners but also from our stake in companies that neatly round off the range of solutions we offer. As a member of numerous organizations, we have a finger on the pulse of technology and actively participate in key research and development projects, particularly in the field of standardization.
Synergies bundle knowledge. And knowledge provides solutions.
We have long maintained open relationships with all IT system vendors to ensure that we are able to offer our customers the best possible solution.
We maintain strategic partnerships with leading CAx and PLM vendors.
Sales and Service Partners
Our sales partners expand their offering to include PROSTEP products and services. These specialists provide companies from a wide variety of different branches of industry with professional advice and support.
Our sales partners include companies from around the world.
PROSTEP AG is always in tune with the times and is actively involved in shaping new developments.
We are therefore members of the following organizations: